Wednesday, March 22, 2006

March 22, 2006

It's the beginning of spring and I still feel like I have yet to experience winter here in London. After walking Donald to the Notting Hill Gate tube station, I like to walk through Hyde Park (which is blooming with daffodils and tulips right now). It is always busy with nannies pushing buggies, dog owners taking their four legged loved ones for a morning tryst, cyclists galore, business men on their way to work, and small uniformed children excitedly walking to school with mom or dad. Yesterday, we were all in for a special treat with the Royal Calvary moving through the park in uniformed groups. The whole experience was quite impressive, the sound of hundreds of hoofs, commands from leaders, and decorative riders. In the far distance you could hear a band; I am guessing the band was at Buckingham Palace, which is a short walk from Hyde Park. A part of me really wanted to walk over to the Palace to view all the festivities, but my mind was tugging me back to our flat as I was in the home stretch of finishing my website.

So, today I am pleased to announce after about 3 weeks of continual work in Flash, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, and Photoshop, I now have my own website uploaded to the web for all to view. Well, maybe not everyone. Since I created my site in current version of all the above programs, you will need to have Flash Player 8 downloaded to your computer in order to view the site, and it would also help to have high-speed internet connection due to the effects and high image content. I was lucky enough to have a few friends on the web team for the San Diego Zoo give me advice and help through my crazy experience of looking for a host for the site and programming. I am proud to say that I did all my own programming and action script writing, which I loved doing and got quite addicted to. My dad believes programming is in the Leppink blood, and was not shocked at all by my new found love for it. You can check it out at www.suzannelitzenberg.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home