Saturday, February 25, 2006

Saturday, 25 February:

OK, so there is a new game I have discovered here. Apparently all Londoners play it, and I was very ill equipped when I finally realized it was game on. The rules are very simple, destroy an opponents umbrella when you walk by them. You see, when it rains, I leave the house with my trusty Burberry umbrella and rejoice in the happiness that rain brings me. However, here, the idea is to carry the crappiest umbrella you can find, and apparently sharpen the spokes and then try and dig it into the umbrellas of everyone who passes by. It took me a while to realize that everyone was trying to destroy my umbrella, but I managed, through some very deft maneuvering on my part, to avoid damage to my prized posession. I have learned my lesson though, so I now leave the house properly armed in wet weather.

We went to the Victoria and Albert today, and saw some really cool stuff. There was an exhibit called "Hear and Now" that we saw about the future of hearing. Very interesting stuff, and I will post more on it later. But I also took some pictures from my new phone, the Samsung D600 with a 2.0 megapixel camera. Dad, check it out, boat shoes! (Sorry about the blur, it was rather dark so the shutter had to remain open for quite a while)




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home