Saturday, October 15, 2005

Thursday, 13 October:

We spent most of today looking for jobs on the internet. Actually it was quite a boring day. I did, however, meet a friend of sorts today. I started talking to someone in Starbucks, who appears to have very similar interests on some levels.

I had my phone interview this afternoon. It went quite well and I am now being forwarded to the next phase of the interview process. This probably means that I will be interviewing late next week or early the following week. Suzanne found a few jobs that interest her (Thanks to Morgan's websites page!) and applied for them. Hopefully she will start getting calls soon.


We decided at the end of the day to have pasta for dinner tonight and did some shopping for the ingredients. Fresh pesto, pasta, a great sauce, I was really looking forward to dinner tonight. We hit up the M&S food section in Whitely's and we were all set. When we got home, however, we discovered one slight problem, no pot to boil water or cook pasta in. Hmm... It was a bit late at this point to be pot shopping so we broke down and had another American classic. McDonalds. I have to say, the McDonalds in London could very well be anywhere in the United States, except for a very abridged menu. The food was par for McDonalds. Very fattening and not very good for you, but the taste of home (on the very rare occasions we tortured our bodies with that crap).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home