Thursday, October 06, 2005

Wednesday, 5 October:

Well, Suzanne is at the tail end of her cold and I think I am quickly catching her on fighting my own cold. Suzanne really wanted makeup, so we headed down to Knightsbridge to see if we can find the brand she likes. After spending some time in Harvey Nichols, Suzanne found some stuff she likes and we were pleasantly suprised to find out that Harvey Nichols DOES care about customer service unlike Harrods. The ladies at the makeup counter were very helpful and gave Suzanne free samples in addition to her makeup. That is one really nice store. And I felt like a complete prat walking around it in a pair of jeans, as everyone there was dressed to the nines. Man oh man, I could do some serious damage in that store. Perhaps after I "make it". Afterwards, we walked around Knightsbridge for a bit and went into the Burberry store. I was suprised to find out that they make kilts there and sell all of the stuff you need for your kilt. They even have two versions of the McCallum tarten, the ancient and the regular. I have never seen the regular version anywhere else. But if the average price of a full kilt outfit is over $1500, imagine what it must be to have Burberry make it for you.

We also found the Victoria and Albert museum. We will have to go back, as neither of us was in the mood for a museum.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home