Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Tuesday, 13 December:

I checked with my HR department today, and got the same response about a blog policy as I got from the trainer I asked. Which was a blank stare, then "A what policy". However, the person I spoke with did state where to go to find the internet policy as well as the general policies on the site. I keep thinking that I am using the wrong word, much like cell phones are mobile phones over here, but when I explain what a blog is, I am given the same level of confusion. Note that I have done due process in finding out any information I possibly can. As long as I do not state anything that will harm my customer in some way or the company in some way I am safe. Now this is especially vague, and leaves the onus on me to be good, but as I have stated previously, The views expressed on this website/weblog are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer, wife, friends, God, or anyone else for that matter. That being said, it wasn't too hard to find out what the company was if you were paying attention in previous posts. Add the links together, and yuou have the answer.

I attended my National Insurance number appointment today. It was interesting, because there was more detailed questions regarding a NI number than I expected. A lot of questions about how often I have travelled to the UK. Now I get to wait up to two months before I can find out whether or not I got the number. I am not allowed to contact anyone before two months have gone by, but they will contact me if they have any questions. The machine rolls on. And just because it is a pleasant coincidence, you go to a Job Centre to get your NI number, and they spend a half an hour verifying your passport as legit during your interview. So, they must be doing a great job right? If their own are this much at risk, how safe is my identity with them? It is murder to get a bank account here, but it is a simple matter to defraud the gubment of millions. I love red tape, it really brings out the Christmas spirit in me.

In other news, Suzanne now has posting rights. This should mean that you will soon be getting a much more beautiful and feminine perspective in the near future. Look for a post at a terminal near you soon!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Policies don't get created until someone abuses the privilege and then causes the press to scare businesses into creating policies. We're in the Pre-Policy Era of blogging, so enjoy it while it lasts.

BTW, I don't have your email address, so could you send it to me so that we can get an offline dialogue going. Your mum should have our addresses (Elaine and I), so ask her next time you chat with her. I don't want to give it out here on your blog, and I don't expect you to either. You can erase this last paragraph after reading it.

6:28 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

daves your uncle,

It is a interesting time, and you are right, we are in the dawning of a new era and policies will be forged in the future on the topic of blogging.

As far as email, mine is don dot my last name at gmail dot com. I can't selectively edit posts and feel that the first paragraph has a very valid point, so if you don't mind, I am keeping it up as is.

2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home