Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Tuesday, 1 November:

All Saints day. And a happy one to any Catholics out there. To all the Mexicans, a happy dia de los muertos. And happy Tuesday to everyone else. Well, yesterday's comments about minimum time spans was accurate. I called BT 25 hours after the phone was to be set up to inform them that I still was not able to use my phone and I was told that it would be fixed and ready to go by five pm. The good news is that is worked about thirty minutes later. Still after the 24 hour deadline, but early in the day. One nice surprise was the free voicemail service. Instead of needing an answering machine, voicemail is stored on their servers, like on mobile phones. If you want to access it remotely, you need to pay, but the free service is fine by me, now I don't need to get an answering machine.

I called the Council Tax number this morning, as I have not heard back from the email I sent two weeks ago. I am getting worried and don't want to get dinged for a whole year at once because I was "late" by their standards. Fortunately, they didn't seem to care and told me that I would get a monthly bill starting in "ten working days". I am curious to see if this is true, or if it will be like everything else where I shouldn't start looking until ten working days have passed. I should probably follow up on the TV license as well, considering that I called and gave them my information three weeks ago and have yet to get my license or charged for it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home