Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Wednesday, 23 November:

You know how when you are watching a soccer game, and the player scores, the announcer yells GOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLL!!!! and the player takes off their shirt and runs around waving it like a flag? Well, JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJOOOOOBBBBBBBBB!!!! I was made an offer today with the company I really want to work for, and ran out of the tube station tearing off my tie and shirt and running down the street waving them like a flag. The laughter of onlookers must have been sheer mirth at my own personal joy. I know I haven't updated here recently, but have been a bit down about the fact that I haven't been working. I have never been out of work for more than two weeks, so going two months with no offers was driving me absolutely batty. I know that I am not defined by my job, but I have to say, not having one was beginning to cause my definition of self to include the letters l o s e and r perhaps even in that order.

I won't post any information about the company, as I do not know their blog policy and don't want to jinx a good thing just yet, but I am very happy! Nothing like positive income to relieve stress.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations.

6:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

does your iPod work over there.........lol

6:09 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Dave,

Thanks! It feels great!

Keith,

Yes, of course! I wouldn't have moved here without my ipod! In fact, Apple makes it really easy, all you have to do is swap plugs on your charger and you are all set.

12:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Donald, congratulations on the job. I'm glad Suzanne including the link for your blog in the email she sent me showing off her wonderful curly scarf. It will be fun keeping up with your adventure via your blog.

Melissa, your knitting teacher

3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home